Finding Your Rhythm thru Education or F.Y.R.EZONE is an entertainment company with a passion for injecting youth with a “fyre” for the universal language of music. The vision is to attract and develop “fyre-crackers” musical talent so they can “fyre-up” their peers! Since 2010, as students have gone through the program and experience higher self-esteem, they have shown better academic success in elementary and middle school; or a higher capacity to survive high school.
Where did the FYRE start? FYREZONE is the brain-child of world-renowned, singer, song-writer, producer, and videographer Wayne “Bud” Ramsay with creative assistance from Dapheney St. Fleur. Bud has had the honor of working with some of the music industry’s best artists and organizations including:
- Nicki Minaj – Over five years, Mr. Ramsay did artistic development that entails collaboration on song writing; vocal projection and “owning the stage.”
- Britney Spears – Courtesy of Full Force Entertainment, he took the song “The Hook Up” and crafted it to bring an international appeal.
- Wyclef Jean and Ky-mani Marley – This collaboration was a benefit concert to raise funds for HAITI after the devastating earthquake.
- Rihana – Ramsay’s song writing skills were engaged to produce a prospective addition to her album.
- Machel Montano – He toured the Caribbean and the USA after composing and producing a few songs; additionally, this work brought him together with co-performers included Shaggy, Buju Banton, Bunji Garlin, Alyson Hinds, and more.
- World Wrestling Entertainment – Bud has written and recorded some of WWE theme songs.
- Howard University – At this performance for an HU homecoming he was on the line-up with Kanye West, Rick Ross and many more!
How does FYREZone benefit our children? The annual talent showcase, Ignite the Light, takes place every December and highlights the myriad talents of our students. This student-centered, student-led performance has a students DJ-ing, singing, filming, managing the stage, and performing synchronized dance routines. These musical acts fill the auditorium with reverberations of contemporary beats, cultural infusions of dance moves like art in motion; it also portrays the integrity, solidarity and unity that grows out of a FYREZone education. For students who show aptitude in any of our musical areas, they can qualify for internships that lead to jobs working for celebrity associates of Mr. Ramsay or recruited by musical scouts who may attend the talent show.
Bud Ramsay is the personification of FYREZONE and he has dedicated his passion to empowering young people in the community through the amazing, dynamic world of music and envisions his continued impact on generations of young people.